Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Sunday, April 26, 2009
Condensed milk pound cake
Verdict : this is definately a good recipe! I even had the confidence to double the recipe even tho' I had not tried baking it before. Look how fine the texture is, and the sweetness is just right!
I extracted this recipe from Rei. Thanks gal, for posting it.
What you need
- 120gm good quality butter
- 45gm sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (152gm) condensed milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 120gm cake flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- Sift cake flour and baking powder tog. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar tog till light and fluffy.
- Add in salt and vanilla paste and cream well.
- Pour in condensed milk and cream till well combined.
- Using the mixer on low speed, add in flour in 3 additions. Mix till batter is smooth.
- Add in eggs one at a time. Make sure it's well mixed and smooth.
- Bake at 175 degrees for 1 hour.
Muffins muffins muffins!
Here are what that were baked during the class. :)
Chocolate chips muffins with chocolate cream cheese topping, and as you can see, sprinkled with more chocolate chips! LOLz.High fibre muffins which is with carrots and walnuts added. Quite a versatile recipe as you can practically add any ingredients you want in it!Savoury muffins with japanese cream topping. Yes, those are bonito flakes! Initially I was rather sceptical about the taste of this muffin, turned out that it's quite good.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
Monday, April 13, 2009
And the Award Goes to....
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Easter egg cheesecake
Sunday, April 05, 2009
Triple Almond Tart
When I saw this pie at HBB's, I can't help but wonder if I should attempt it anytime soon. Not because it's difficult but just 'coz I'm lazy and my to-do list kept getting longer and longer. However, while thinking of what I should bake this weekends, I decided I should bake a pie. Looked into my pile of recipes and there it is, waving at me. LOLz.
Hmm... while this pie is really great-tasting, I'll probably will attempt it again when I've lotsa time on my hands.