Sharing with you a bread recipe that I had bookmarked for years! I had even printed this recipe out and filed nicely waiting for the right time to work on. But since it got filed, it was just left there... until recently, a group of FaceBook friends started trying this recipe. I decided to join in the fun.
Here's my panda. :)
You can't help but like this bread's appearance. it's just so cute. And I'm happy to say that in terms of taste, it was pretty good too!
What you need
- 70gm cake flour
- 230gm bread flour
- 4gm salt
- 4gm dry active yeast
- 30gm sugar
- 1 egg with milk to make up 210gm
- 18gm unsalted butter
- 8gm green tea powder
- 8gm bamboo charcoal powder
What to do
- Heat up milk and egg in MW for 20seconds on high.
- Dump everything in part A together into the KA/breadmaker. knead till smooth and pass pane test.
- Divide dough into 3 parts. 75gm for the bamboo charcoal, 210gm plain and remaining for the green tea portion.
- Add bamboo charocal powder to the 75gm dough and knead till colour is even.
- Add green tea powder to the remaining portion and knead till colour is even.
- Proof 3 portions separately till double in size (about 40mins)
- Punch out dough and assemble the dough accordingly (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM7M5pQBa5Y for assembling the dough)
- Proof another 40mins till double in size.
- Bake at 200 degrees for 15mins, then lower to 180 degrees for another 15mins