baking fiends unite!

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Corned

My love affair with corn muffins started when I took my 1st bite into the corn muffins served at Kenny Rogers. But at that time, I had not ventured into baking, so I could only visit the restuarant whenever cravings hit.Since I started baking, I was always on the lookout for a recipe that would resemble the same muffins I had tasted at Kenny's. However, I can't find one that's close enuf. :(

Still I'll continue to try out the recipes I chance upon at blogs or forums. When I saw there's a cornmeal muffin in the recipe book that peppa scanned for me, I just can't pass off the chance. Actually looking at the recipe, I knew it would not turn out like kenny's muffins, but I still tried it out anyway.
The muffins are not sweet and it's so easy to prepare. So I drizzled some honey on the muffins to up the yummy factor. DD requested for some strawberry jam to go with the muffins....
ps : anyone with a recipe for corn muffins that resembles that of Kenny Roger, pls share, ok?
Sharing with you the recipe here :

What you need

  • 1 cup flour (sift)
  • 1 tbsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup butter (melted)
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup corn kernels
What to do
  • Preheat oven @ 180C.
  • Mix the dry ingredients tog.
  • Combine the melted butter, milk and egg tog.
  • Stir in liquid ingredients into the dry and combine just until moistened.
  • Stir in corn kernels.
  • Fill greased muffin cups and bake at 180C for 15 mins.
  • Serve HOT!

Labels:

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home