Lemony Poppyseed Cookies
This is basically a butter cookie with lemon and poppyseeds added. One of my favourites (who can resist butter cookies?!?!) that's very easy to make and also foolproof.
Here's the recipe:
What you need :
- 110gm butter
- 30 gm white sugar
- 50gm brown sugar
- 200gm all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp lemon essence (optional, to give it a more pronounced lemon flavour)
What to do :
- Beat the butter and sugars until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in sifted flour, poppy seeds, lemon zest and essence. Mix and form into a dough.
- Shape dough into a log (or triangle in my case), wrap with parchment paper and place in the fridge for it to firm up abit.
- Take out dough and cut into half centimeter thick slices (or if u want, u can roll it out and use cookie cutters).
- Place onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake @180 degrees for 18mins.
- Makes abt 30 pcs.