baking fiends unite!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

It's getting to me....

DH had left for his 2nd working trip to China... leaving me with the kids... he's only been gone for 4 days but it seemed forever.


Everyday I had to bring DD across the island, from the east to the west, for her to attend preschool, and me, to work. While DS is with my mom, gng to Pri School in the afternoon. This travelling everyday is making me really tired... It's no fun getting up so early in the morning and rushing to catch the bus and then the MRT and THEN the company feeder.. all within an hour! I pity my poor DD who has to go thru' this routine with me every morning. It's times like these when I wish that I have my driver's licence as the car is now sitting prettily at home while I battle with the daily public transport. Some of you may think that I'm too spoilt... hehehe... but if I'm alone doing all the travelling, I'm totally fine with it... bringing a 5yo into the picture is a totally different matter. The bus journey to the MRT station is actually ok, as we usually get seats. But when we arrived at the MRT stn, the trains are usually so packed that poor DD has to stand thru'out the entire journey.


DS takes the school bus everyday to and fro school. So after work, I'll make my way to my mom's place with DD in tow (of course). Mom stays in the south of sg, which wasn't too bad for me as it's along the way home. We have our dinner at her place, then I catch up with DS rdg his school life and homework. After making sure that everything is ok, me and DD will start our journey home to the east.


We have exactly 1 more mth to go for this routine... I really dunno if I can pull this thru'... Actually I'm trying very hard not to think abt this much so that I dun feel so depressed. But this morning DD posed a question. She said "Mommy, are we gng to do this everyday?" when I said YES, she answered "I dun think I can take it".... my heart sank when I heard these words....

Anyone can tell me what to do?


PS : sorrie for the rantings... just tot I shd document this down. If anyone has advice for me, pls feel free to leave some comments....

Labels:

5 Comments:

  • Hi Ida
    My heart goes out to your little girl. I can feel that it's really tiring for her. I'm not sure how your childcare arrangement is with your mum, perhaps just for this period of time when dh is away you and dd could sort of park at her place, then the travelling hours could be shortened. Meanwhile, maybe need to take up driving lessons...but again, you won't get your driving license within a mth. leh :-(
    It's only the beginning and usually things get tough at the beginning. Maybe need to give her time to get used to the routine and then again somethimes it's your influence that will get her through the day. Children are adaptable ...so please don't lose heart. I'm sure you'll find a way.
    Can't get a seat on the MRT...bring a small foldable chair along and let her sit between your legs when you stand.

    hth :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:57 PM, January 11, 2007  

  • Hi chawanmushi... Thanks for yr advice... i'm feeling better now... to look on the bright side, it's Friday, so both me and DD have this time to recharge and get ready for next week!

    there's some factors that made me decide to bring DD with me everyday from work to home instead of leaving her at my mom's. furthermore, it is the nature of DH's new job to be away for long stretches of time. well, i guess u're rite in saying that kids will adapt well..and a very good idea to bring a foldable chair along! i think all of us in the family just have to get used to this new way of life... sigh... meanwhile, i'm in the process of selling my place and moving near my mom's. i believe this move will improve things alot in time to come.

    thanks for "listening" and commenting... appreciate that very much!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:43 AM, January 12, 2007  

  • Hi Ida
    take up that challenge & learn to drive. Its good & handy to have a license. Dont worry too much about your DD. Not many would agree with me but I think a little roughing out for the kids would be good else they would be growing up pampered.
    have a good weekend!
    rgds

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:21 PM, January 12, 2007  

  • Ida, hope you will stay strong for this coming month. I understand travelling so far will take a toll on both you and DD, but I'm sure things will work out soon. Stay cheerful okay? :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:54 PM, January 12, 2007  

  • Thanks Xan and Angie for yr concern! *touched*

    I'll definately give some serious tots to taking up driving (need support from DH in the monetary dept :P)

    Meanwhile the weekends will mean alot of recharging!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 11:07 AM, January 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home