baking fiends unite!

Monday, August 04, 2008

Pandan Chiffon Cake

I remembered my 1st time baking this cake and it turned out to be a total flop. The baked cake was so densed and collapsed that it tasted like kueh that had been left in the open for days, all hardened and flat! LOL.... At that time, I had no idea wad had gone wrong, until a few years later when I really went to read-up and ask ard for the proper way to make a chiffon cake.

Fast forward to many years later, I finally came to understand the "theory" and technique to create a good chiffon.

This is a pandan chiffon I baked in the weekends. I love making chiffon for the fast and minimal cleanup/washing up needed. The resulting texture is so light and airy that the family has no problems finishing it up. :)
I'm pretty pleased with this cake. It's tall and the structure's quite firm, the cake did not collapse at all and the sides are all nicely and evenly browned when I removed from the mold.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • How nice your cake is. Can you provide me with the recipe as my chiffon cake always a failure

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM, August 04, 2008  

  • hi soup,

    pls try this recipe in LeeLee's blog. It's very similar to the one i'm using.

    http://bakingmum.blogspot.com/2007/11/pandan-chiffon-cake-ii.html

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 1:44 PM, August 04, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home