baking fiends unite!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

The finale cake

My last lesson for the wilton course 1 was just a day after the lesson 3. This was because E needed to leave for a work trip the following week and the day we are supposedly gonna have the last class is a public holiday, so instead of finishing the class 1 week later, we decided to push it forward.
This lesson, we have to decorate a finale cake, based on what we learnt in the past few lessons. It's basically making use of the piping tips and techniques. I have chosen the rose as the main theme for the cake... a BLUE one too! I actually wanted to place roses at the sides of the cake , but it was not possible due to the weight of the piped roses. It'll end up falling off the sides! So I decided to pipe sweet peas on the sides instead. I kept the colours used simple too. In fact, I had thot of using the only 1 colour, besides the white at the base of the cake, but in different tones for the vines, leaves and flowers, but looking at the amount of buttercream leftover from the last few lessons, I decided to just add some colour tints to them and use them for the cake instead. But I did whip up 1 recipe of the buttercream to frost the cake.
Here's what I did for the finale cake. I'm glad to say that I'm happy with the design and it looks so sweet. :P

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home