baking fiends unite!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Cherilynn is 8!

I guess I better post this before March is over! LOLz.

Cherilynn turned 8 last week and we had a po-piah (spring rolls) party held for her. I ordered fresh po-piah wraps from a neighbourhood foodstall and also a container of factory-made pie-tee shells. I asked my mom to cook the fillings for the po-piah, while I helped with the preparation of ingredients.

The kids (and adults) definitely had fun wrapping our own po-piah with ingredients that we like. We can choose to add more of those ingredients we favoured. It was such a blast.

Of course, any party is not complete without a cake. This year, I chose to make a pralet. And I had to purposely make a trip to a baking supply store to get varlhorna chocolate and cocoa powder for it. But it a trip so worthwhile coz the chocolate made such a big difference! I followed the recipe from Jo meticulously, except that I made the cake into an 8in one. The recipe had looked complicated but when I was working on it, everything turned out well and the process was very smooth. Completed on the cake in no time. Beside making the cake bigger, I also reduced the amt of liquor to half, as kids will be eating. But then, the kids still did not take too well to the liquor, so I guess half the amount of liquor is still too strong for them. :P

Here are some pics.....
The fillings for the po-piah.Greens for the po-piah.Other ingredients.... hard boiled eggs, ground peanuts and chinese sausage.Alternative for po-piah... pie-tee.Also made almond jelly.... after meal dessert.Another shot of the cake
Innard shot of the cake, pardon the image quality.. taken with the iphone with low lighting condition.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home