baking fiends unite!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Chantilly Cake


This cake was done for my father's b'day.

Before I got hold of this recipe, I had googled for chantilly cream and all I got was chantilly cream was whipped sweetened cream. So when I had a good look at this recipe, then I realised that it was totally different from the definition on the internet. I won't be disclosing the recipe, sorrie, as the instructor is still teaching this cake.


As I went about preparing the cream, I duno how I did it, but I overwhipped the non-diary cream! I wanted the cream to achieve soft peak but it never happened :P , disaster striked! The resulting cream was lumpy in appearance... but taste-wise, it's similar to what i had tried. Also I did not use rum as indicated, but replaced it with kirsh instead. I decorated the sides with white chocolate curls and kept the top simple with just piped words. It was a 3 layered sponge cake, with the same cream in between. Each layer was brushed with some kirsh too.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home