baking fiends unite!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

Coke Chicken


After 1 week of cooking, it's hightime for me to churn out somefin that my kids had not tried before. After looking at my freezer and finding a chicken in there, I decided to create a chicken dish. I heard that coke chicken is a very common dish in China. Practically every family knows how to cook this dish. However, for me, I've not the slightiest idea how to go about creating this dish. So I googled for a recipe and came up with this. Verdict : Somehow my kids dun like the taste of this dish. They din like the sauce. DS said the sauce is too sweet (but I din find it so, in fact it tasted rather sour to me). DD said she dun like the lemon . As for DH, he found the dish rather interesting. I guess he likes it. :P
What you need
  • Half a chicken (chopped to pieces)
  • Some julienned ginger
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 1 1/2 cups cocoa cola
  • 1 1/2 tsp cornflour
  • some cooking oil
  • 2 tbsp dark soya sauce
  • 2 tbsp oyster sauce
What to do
  1. Marinate the chicken in 1/2 cup coke, cornflour and lemon juice for 2 hours or more.
  2. Heat up wok and add oil. Add in ginger and fry till fagrant.
  3. Add in drained chicken pieces and stir fry for a while.
  4. Pour in remaining 1 cup of coke and also the leftover marinate. Also add in the dark soay sauce and oyster sauce.
  5. Cook until sauce has thickened.
  6. Serve hot. Taste great with hot steaming rice!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home