baking fiends unite!

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Gong Xi Gong Xi.....

Beginning of another lunar year in 3 hours and 7 mins ....

I hope my new year will be a good one. There'll be some exciting events lined up for me in the coming months. I'll be moving, to a smaller apt, and hopefully it'll be near my mom's place and the mrt station. Of course, that means a time for house-hunting... I hope it won't be a nitemare and that I can find somewhere suitable very soon.


DH will need to continue with his travelling once we end our CNY celebrations. He'll be re-scheduling his travelling periods so that I won't be alone for long periods of time to handle the kids alone.


DS is settling into his pri school-going routine and what's bothering me is his reading skills. He needs to brush up alot and I think I'll need to enrol him in some phonics courses soon. As for DD, I hope this new year will bring her some confidence. She's been getting very insecure lately, esp when she saying her goodbyes to us when I leave her in her childcare. And also at the end of the day when I go and pick her up. Most of the time she's in tears... saying that she miss me!


For myself... frankly, i'm not expecting much except to shoulder on.... to have the strength and will to do so. Also have more time for baking.... ultimately, I hope to be able to beome a "tai-tai"! kekeke.... actually was juzt thinking of devoting more time for baking, rather than to be sitting in the office whole day, shivering in the air-con environment. Besides that, I hope to be able to attend some baking classes... altho' I've been baking for the past few years, it's more self-taught and research thru' the internet. I still find myself lacking in many areas...


Anyway... enough of my rantings....


I wish everyone a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! May the new year bring prosperity, happiness and health to all of you.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • Hi Ida
    Wishing you and your family good health and happiness.
    It is indeed good news that you wil be moving nearer your mum's place and your dh is so sweet to reschedule his travels.

    Need any help regarding selling your house or house hunting? My dh is in the real estate line. Do drop me an e-mail if you need the help. You know where you can find me :-)

    By Blogger Chawanmushi, at 10:15 PM, February 18, 2007  

  • Hi Chawanmushi...

    Happy new year to you and yr family!

    Thanks for offering help rdg my house. The house had been sold oredi. Now we're gonna start our house hunting.. probably need a short term accomodation 1sy. but anyway... all these will wait til lthe new year hols are over.

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 11:12 AM, February 19, 2007  

  • Happy Chinese New Year to you too and hope you can become a "tai tai" soon! :)

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 8:27 AM, February 20, 2007  

  • ching... crossing my fingers! >_<

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:32 AM, February 20, 2007  

  • Ida,

    Happy Chinese New Year to you. May this new year bring wealth, laughter and joy to you and your family.

    You have certainly baked up a storm, looking at your CNY goodies from the previous posts. Thumbs up!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:51 PM, February 22, 2007  

  • hahaha tai tai as in woman of leisure or 100% caregiver to your kids. If it is the latter, brace yourself for the unexpected. heheheeee....

    Happy Lunar New Year!

    By Blogger Edith, at 7:49 AM, February 23, 2007  

  • Hi Angie... Hope you had a good holiday and a good rest!

    Edith... i know, i know...ok, i'm back to reality *laughs*. No harm holding on to that dream rite (lady of leisure, definately!)? hehehe

    Haiz.. CNY is officially over for me. back to my "freezer" workplace!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:42 AM, February 23, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home