baking fiends unite!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

I'm BACKKKKKK!


I've finally got myself settled down (well, sorta, LOL) and my hands itched so much... not from wanting to play mahjong... but to BAKE!

Actually wanted to bake 2 nites ago, but silly me can't remember the weighing scale and flour were packed in which box... so I was playing the guessing game for 2 nites, trying to locate all the necessary stuff for baking. :P

I was all set last nite and went about selecting a recipe to bake. Finally settled on brownies as it's simple and fast.

This recipe produces a fudgy brownie, very unlike the recipe I used often from the Hershey site, which results in the cake-like type of brownies. I always wonder how to get that "crackling" top I always see in some photos.... and when I chanced upon this recipe, I knew I just have to give it a go. I also read that usually, the sugar content in such brownies is quite high... only then that kind of crusty top can be achieved. But too much sugar is not good... since I often bake at nite and it means that I'll taste the food after it has cooled down and then pop to bed! LOL.... *shakes head*... In the end, I still decided to reduce the amount of sugar stated in the recipe by 1/2 a cup. The end results? It's still yummy! I tried so hard not to eat more than 1 slice but well......

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • WELCOME BACK!!!

    Your brownie looks great! I always prefer the fudgy kind of brownie with that kind of top, YUM!

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 3:32 AM, January 18, 2008  

  • hey glad to have you back!

    By Blogger Edith, at 9:33 AM, January 18, 2008  

  • Welcome back! I like fudgy brownies with crackly top too :) I have not baked anything for the past 2 weeks!

    By Blogger Happy Homebaker, at 10:30 AM, January 18, 2008  

  • Thanks Ladies! So happy to be baking and blogging again.... now, on to cny bakes!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 10:09 AM, January 19, 2008  

  • Hi bakingfiend!

    In the last few months, you may remember receiving an email invitation to become a part of the Foodbuzz Featured Publisher Program. With all the recipe-writing and food photography to be completed, we know emails can easily get lost in the shuffle, so Foodbuzz would like to re-extend our offer of inviting you to be a part of our food blogger network. I would love to send you more details about the program, so if you are interested, please email me at Shannon@foodbuzz.com.

    And good luck getting settled into your new place! I know it can be crazy. I just moved 6 weeks ago and am still living out of boxes. =)

    Cheers!

    Shannon Eliot
    Editorial Assistant, Foodbuzz.com
    shannon@foodbuzz.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 AM, January 20, 2008  

  • yummmm can u post the recipe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:47 PM, January 29, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home