When I saw this recipe on Happy Flour's blog, I can't help but bookmark it... why? Coz it's so simple! everything in 1 bowl and just mix then ingredients together.
But when it came to actually mixing it that day, I re-read the recipe to make sure that I did not get it wrong... I still decided to give it a try.... and well, the baked cuppies did not disappoint! it was soft and fluffy. very well received by the family. And the one thing i love about it most is the versatility. I can easily change the flavours for the cuppies and still know that it won't fail...
My cuppies looked a little different, reason being that I had not enough chocolate chips, so I chopped up some chocolate and sprinkled on the top.
Here's the recipe (recipe yields 12 good sized cuppies). :)
What you need
- 170g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 110g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 170g self-rising flour
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/2tsp vanilla paste (changeable to other essences)
- 80g chocolate chips (basically you can change this to anything you like, nuts, chocolate, dried fruits...)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line muffin tin with paper casing and set aside.
- Sift flour into a mixer bowl.
- Add sugar, salt, butter, eggs and vanilla paste into the flour.
- Beat the mixture at low speed until well blended.
- Then switch to medium speed and continue to beat till smooth and pale, about 3mins.
- Lastly, fold in both the chips.
- Spoon batter into the muffin tin until 60% full.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 25mins.
- Remove cupcakes from tin and cool on a wire rack.