baking fiends unite!

Friday, December 22, 2006

Ian's Birthday....

Third post in a day!!!!! hehehe... this just shows how much I've been neglecting my blog :P

My DS is a Christmas Baby....

Today, he celebrated his 6th B'day in his preschool with his friends who are moving on to primary school next year. So it's an important celebration (and probably the last in his class as he's the youngest amongst them) as they will be all going separate ways when the year ends. It so happens that the school is celebrating christmas today too, and it just adds to the fun! The whole day seems to be a party.

This cake was done after the inital cake that I was gonna make failed. Then (which was yesterday), i got very upset and started looking for another cake recipe which will be easy and foolproof (as I was really tired and upset AND I was running late!) Flipping thru the recipe books that I have (which was very limited), I came across this recipe which I tot shd appeal to children. But I had to make some changes to it as the top layer was supposedly to be coffee... (children are not supposed to be taking coffee, right? haha), so I changed it to a yam-flavoured layer, followed by a kaya layer and finally the bottom cake layer. It turned out fabulous! And most importantly, the children really love it! I heaved a big sign of relief as portions were also presented to DS's teachers.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • wah, that's alot of postings...i enjoyed reading them, keep them coming :)

    just curious, how to you "bend" those candles?

    HaPpY NeW YeAr!!!

    Just me
    choohk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:13 PM, December 31, 2006  

  • Happy New Year to u too, Choohk! Thanks for dropping by :)

    The candles were kept in my drawer and somehow it got bent! :P I got no special powers leh. kekeke

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 2:55 PM, December 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home