baking fiends unite!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Smile!!!! (unsuccessfully)


Got hold of this recipe from a fellow blogger, Leelee. However I was warned that the recipe is not accurate and more liquid is needed. Looking at how well done Leelee's fa kaos are, I was really tempted to give it a try. Afterall, I wanted to make somefin simple this weekends, as I'm recovering from a flu and so is my DD. These will be given to my mom, who loves eating fa kaos. Too bad tho' my fa kaos din smile! it looked totally different from what Leelee made. guess i'm really lacking in the skills. Appearance aside, taste-wise, these are great...soft, moist and spongy.

Here's the recipe (according to my adjustments) for those who like to give it a try. Maybe you guys will have better luck making these "chinese muffins" smile!

What you need
  • 250gm self-raising flour
  • 150gm soft brown sugar (original recipe called for 200gm, which i think will be too sweet)
  • A 200ml pack of coconut cream
  • 100gm of plain water

What to do
Sift self-raising flour with brown sugar twice.
Open the pack of coconut cream and add the 100gm water. Add this to the flour mixture.
Mix the liquid till combined. (I used a whisk). You have to achieve a "ribbon-like" batter. Add more water if need be.
Pour batter into moulds lined with paper liners and steam on high heat for 15 mins. (I used tart moulds and this recipe yields 10pcs)

PS : I welcome any suggestions to improve on this recipe and to make them SMILE.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home