baking fiends unite!

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Chocolate, (MORE) rum and raisins cupcakes *HIC*

I came across this book, TEMPT-cupcakes to excite, a book by Betty Saw while browsing at Harris bookshop some time ago. DH offered to buy it for me... I love the pictures of the cupcakes inside and the size of the book, which fits nicely on my hands. However, as do most of my other recipe books, it was left sitting in a pile for a long time before I decided to try a recipe from there. On one of DH's trip back to Sg, I got him to pick up a bottle of rum from the DFS at the airport. So now, I've all the ingredients needed, no more excuses! LOL.... I picked the rum and raisins recipe from the book to try, 'coz frankly, I've never tasted a rum and raisins cupcake before.... but had plenty of rum and raisins ice-cream.

I'm glad that I gave it a shot. The cupcake is really light. A note in the recipe says that these cupcakes improve with keeping. So I probably have to give it a good dose brush of rum everyday.... of course the gluttony in me can't wait. I took one this morning and it tasted sensational....

Labels:

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home