baking fiends unite!

Monday, January 21, 2008

May life be a bed of roses....

It does look like a bouquet of roses, doesn't it? I made some cuppies to share with my colleagues today. It's vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting. The pink ones are strawberry buttercream, while the brown ones are chocolate.
I decided to try using the "star" tip to pipe after seeing some bloggers using that and the resulting design looks like a rose. It's really beautiful.... so i digged into my piping tips and found somefin similar and hopefully be able to replicate the same design. Somehow the piped rose din turn out as what I wish it'll look. Still it looks like a rose right???? *stubborn streak showing* I did not add on any other decorative stuff on the frosting as many of us dun have a sweet-tooth (or rather, watching the waistline! LOL)... furthermore, I think it's pretty enuf as it is.... and one last point... who eats the cream anyway??? except for kids! :P


Hope everyone will enjoy eating these cuppies...And I wish that our lives will be a BED OF ROSES....

Edited to add : I'm sorrie, Reena and Chanchao... I've accidentally deleted yr comments. Reena, thanks for the kind words. :) Chanchao, if you dun mind, pls leave yr comments again.... I din get yr email addy.
For Xan, you wan to know how the tip looks like, here's a pix.As for measurements, the top tapering part, it's abt 1cm across and the bottom base is abt 2.3cm across. Hope that helps. :)

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • hey Ida

    these are gorgeous! send one over pleeeeease :) which tip no did u use?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:18 AM, January 22, 2008  

  • Soooo pretty! I really love this simple yet elegant design.

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 1:01 PM, January 22, 2008  

  • they are really pretty leh :)


    I've just bought a bottle of supposeingly good vanilla bean paste, but I dun have a good recipe for vanilla cupcake, can you share your recipe of the vanilla cupcake please...

    By Blogger Ning's Mummy, at 2:13 PM, January 22, 2008  

  • Hey Xan, this piping tip is not from wilton... actually got it from china in a sey... so no indication of size on the tip... so sorrie....

    Thanks Ching! The cuppies were well-recieved.:)

    ning's mummy, this recipe is found at martha stewart website: the vanilla cupcakes. Do reduce the amt of sugar... it's too sweet for our local tastebuds!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 8:44 PM, January 22, 2008  

  • can pls show a pix of the tip with approx measurement? TIA!:)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:34 PM, January 22, 2008  

  • TQVM Ida :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:25 PM, January 23, 2008  

  • Hi, may I know where you got the cupcake cases? Thanks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:28 AM, January 25, 2008  

  • Hi Ida, your cupcakes look so pretty with the frosting! I have a similar piping tip, but I have never used!

    By Blogger Happy Homebaker, at 7:00 AM, January 25, 2008  

  • hi gwen, I got those cases from lee bee enterprise at jurong west. I dunno if they still have the same cases now tho' 'coz i bot it sometime back.

    hi HB, it was fun trying out the tips... u shd try yrs too!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:00 AM, January 25, 2008  

  • I'm the lucky one to try one of the cupcakes! All I could say it's yummy and I like that the frosting is not too sweet and the rose look really lovely!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:06 PM, January 26, 2008  

  • Thanks Elyn... so glad you like it!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:02 PM, January 26, 2008  

  • Ida, I have always admire your bakes, so neat and tidy, your pics are also well taken.. so clear.
    Will need to learn from you...

    BTW my small fishes tray already spoilt one when steaming the nian koh. I have one left, so need to buy one more from the supermart

    Cindi

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM, February 13, 2008  

  • Hi Cindi,

    Thanks for yr kind words... i still have alot to learn in terms of baking and photography!

    I tot all along that the fish mould shd be able to withstand steaming...

    Happy Chinese New Year!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 7:52 PM, February 15, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home