baking fiends unite!

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Blended Orange Cake

Another simple recipe that I attempted on a weekend. Too bad tho, my blender is too small to contain everything, so I ended up blending stuff in 2 batches.

On to the cake... it smelled really nice and the texture is beautiful, but a stronger orange flavour will be perfect. I guess next time if I were to bake this, I'll add additional orange zest.

Thanks to Doria for sharing this recipe. As usual, my modifications in brackets.


What you need

  • 1 pc orange
  • 1 cup sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
  • 1 cup oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 tbsp baking powder



What to do

  • Preheat oven at 150 degrees.
  • Cut orange into cubes. (I removed the orange flesh and placed into a bowl, and cut away the white pith (skin area coz it is bitter) and cut the orange skin (zest part) into smaller pieces.
  • Place cut up orange, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup oil and 3 eggs into the blender and blend till fine.
  • Pour mixture into a bowl.
  • Sift in flour and baking powder. Whisk in and mix well.
  • Pour batter into greased mold and bake for 40mins. (mine were cakelets, so I baked for 30mins) 

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home