baking fiends unite!

Saturday, November 25, 2006

And so it starts....

Rugelach
This is a real tough cookie! (haha). After scrutinising the recipe, I realised that this cookie will be a challange to me. The dough consist of a high ratio of butter and cream as oppose to flour. Knowing the warm weather we face everyday, I knew I had to work very fast to get the cookie done. I welcome the challenge, and thus starting on this recipe the nite before. I got the dough ready and chilled it. This morning, I prepare the fillings ingredients and got to work immediately. Boy... it sure wasn't an easy task. However, after completing half of the rolling, I finally got the hold of it and did a (slightly) better job with the remaining half of the dough.
I'm participating in a cookie-exchange. In the next few days, I'll be baking some more cookies. These cookies, and the rest that's gonna follow, will have to survive a trip to Penang via post. I hope it'll still be in good condition when it reaches my partner's hands. . And I hope it's not too late to start now... targetting to get the cookies posted by tues! wish my luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home