My fav brownies.....
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup sugar (original recipe called for 2 cups!! i found it way too sweet)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tspsvanilla essence
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup white choclate chip (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 8x8in baking tin with greaseproof paper (u can also use a 13x9in tin and resulting brownies will be short).
- Melt butter over the stove or microwave oven. Stir in sugar while butter is still warm. Add in vanilla essence at this stage too.
- Add eggs, one @ a time and mixed till incorporated.
- Add in cocoa powder, beat till well blended. (I used an egg beater thru'out).
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt, beat till well incorporated.
- Stir in nuts and chips at this stage. Then pour batter into prepared tin.
- Bake @ 180C for abt 35mins. Frost (with chocolate!!!) if desired.
- Cut into desired size.