baking fiends unite!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

My fav brownies.....


Altho' I like eating brownies, I dun set about looking for a fav recipe.... and in my opinion,brownies go best with ice -cream or a glass of milk, tho' I seldom do that, I just pop one into my mouth as and when i feel like it! hah...

I chanced upon this brownies recipe in the Hershey site long-time ago, and it always dun disappoint. The recipe is so versatile and easy to work on... u dun even need a mixer! The resulting brownie is the cake-like type, with fine crumbs and u can juz addd anything u want into the batter, be it nuts or raisins or chocolates! For this batch, I added walnuts and white chocolate chips... yum!
What you need
  • 1 cup butter (melted)
  • 1 cup sugar (original recipe called for 2 cups!! i found it way too sweet)
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tspsvanilla essence
  • 3/4 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1cup chopped nuts (optional)
  • 1/2 cup white choclate chip (optional)
What to do
  • Preheat oven to 180C. Line a 8x8in baking tin with greaseproof paper (u can also use a 13x9in tin and resulting brownies will be short).
  • Melt butter over the stove or microwave oven. Stir in sugar while butter is still warm. Add in vanilla essence at this stage too.
  • Add eggs, one @ a time and mixed till incorporated.
  • Add in cocoa powder, beat till well blended. (I used an egg beater thru'out).
  • Sift flour with baking powder and salt, beat till well incorporated.
  • Stir in nuts and chips at this stage. Then pour batter into prepared tin.
  • Bake @ 180C for abt 35mins. Frost (with chocolate!!!) if desired.
  • Cut into desired size.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home