Lisa asked for the recipe of this cake... so here it is :
For the carrot cakeWhat you need
- 250ml vegetable oil
- 150g brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 500g coarsely grated carrot
- 120g coarsely chopped walnuts
- 375g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease a 9" x 9" pan and line with baking paper.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice together in a bowl.
- Whisk eggs and sugar on medium till thick and creamy.
- Fold in the oil lightly. Do not stir for too long as it will deflate the air bubbles.
- Fold in the carrot and the walnuts.
- Add in the dry ingredients. I added it in in 4 parts.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for about 1hr or till cooked. Test using skewer. If the top is browning too fast, cover it loosely with foil.
- Stand cake in pan for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack. Turn cake top-side up to cool.
NOTE : If baking in cupcakes, bake for only 40mins.
Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
What you need
- 30g butter
- 80g cream cheese
- lemon zest from 1 lemon
- 120g icing sugar
- Cream butter, cream cheese and lemon zest till light and fluffy.
- Gradually add in the icing sugar.
- Cream till smooth.