Anyway, I baked these muffins since the kiddos have gone for their outing to Sentosa and were not back yet. Left me some free time to myself to try this muffin recipe that I've bookmarked for sometime. I believe the kids will take to these muffins as they love the crunchiness of cornflakes. I've added 3 handfuls of chocolate chips to up the yummy factor.
The recipe as follows:
What you need
- 70gm cornflakes
- 130gm plain flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 100gm butter (melted)
- 100gm caster sugar
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 100ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- extra conrflakes for garnishing
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Blend 50gm of cornflakes till fine, crush the remaining 20gm.
- Sift plain flour with baking soda and baking powder. Mix in the cornflakes.
- Stir in sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla into the melted butter and mix well.
- Fold into the flour mixutre, till well combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin liner. Sprinkle with extra cornflakes.
- Bake at 170C for 20mins.