baking fiends unite!

Friday, September 14, 2007

Poppy seed muffins



I remembered receiving an envelope of poppyseeds by mail. It was a pleasant surprise and I was even more suprised that there's 3 boxes of poppyseeds in there! Thanks F. Sad to say that since then, I've only used the seeds a couple of times, which then I was left with plenty of poppyseeds that has been sitting in the cupboard.
There shd be plenty of opportunities to use these seeds, but somehow it just did not happen. Till last nite, I was browsing thru' my recipe book and I came across a recipe that calls for poppyseeds and apple. It's a poppyseed muffin!
The recipe is really simple and straightforward... I guess muffins recipes shd be like this.
The recipe (for Ching :) )
What you need
  • 1 egg
  • 100gm caster sugar
  • 60ml cooking oiol
  • 60ml milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 100gm plain flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp nutmeg powder
  • 2 tbsp poppyseeds
  • 30gm rolled oats (grounded)
  • 1 apple (diced)
What to do
  • Preheat oven to 180C. Grease muffin cup with oil. (I used paper liners so i skipped this part)
  • Beat egg with sugar till just combined. Stir in oil, milk and salt.
  • Sift the flour, baking powder and baking soda tog into the egg mixture. Also add in the nutmeg, poppyseeds, grounded rolled oats and applie dices. Mix till combined.
  • Spoon batter into muffin cups (paper liners, in my case) and bake in oven for 20mins @ 180C.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home