baking fiends unite!

Sunday, April 20, 2008

The Great Redemption


When Elyn told me to try baking the hokkaido milk loaf using the breadmaker, I ended up using my arm-power 'coz I needed to de-stress. When the week past and I decided to try another recipe, I shortlisted the yogurt bread. Looking at the recipe here, I decided to up the amt and baked 1.5 times of the recipe. I used meiji mixed berries yogurt as I saw in Happyhomebaker's blog that her attempt of the yogurt bread yielded a pink loaf! It's really cool. :)

I just placed all the ingredients into the breadmaker and let it do it's thing. I did not subject the dough to 2 rounds of kneading, as alot of the other bloggers did. I wanted to see how good/bad the bread will turn out if left on it's own.

Well, the resulting bread was surprisingly good! It was soft and aromatic. The texture is springy and airy. However, I did not get a pink loaf. The yogurt was a bright purple when I added it into the breadmaker, the bread turned out a dull and light brown when done. Judging from the rate the kids are munching on the bread, color is definately not an issue here! I'm happy to say that the breadmaker had redeemed itself... but i hope it can churn out equally good breads using other recipes... i can't be just using this recipe all the time rite? LOL

DH commented I added wine to the bread... hmm... i wonder why he tasted wine in the bread? Others commented that the bread tasted sour... i guess it's the yogurt. I thot it's a nice change from the usual sweet bread we eat.

Here's the recipe:

What you need
  • 150gm yogurt (I used meiji mixed berries)
  • 1 egg
  • 90gm milk
  • 22gm sugar
  • 5gm salt
  • 5gm yeast
  • 375gm bread flour
  • 45gm butter (soft, at room temp)
What to do
  • Mix tog yogurt, milk, egg and sugar into a cup using a fork. Pour into breadmaker.
  • Add in yeast and butter.
  • Place the bread flour on top.
  • Finally, add in the salt.
  • Set the breadmaker to the sweet dough function. In 2hrs 55mins, the loaf will be ready.

Labels:

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home