baking fiends unite!

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Kinda distracted...

When Elyn asked me what I intended to bake this weekends, I was not sure how to answer her. As usual, I'll have a very ambitious list of stuff to do but then I am really distracted lately. There will be 2 weddings happening in the family by the end of this year and it has created alot of buzz right now. Tho' it's not my wedding, but I am really happy and excited abt it. To be exact, I had to do my share in the preparations for the wedding, ie, shopping! LOL... Besides the wedding, the upcoming event is my company's annual dinner and dance this year. So it again justifies my need to do some shopping!

Anyway, I had to bake something... although shopping does give certain satisfaction, it also burns a big hole in my pocket! So there I was at the supermarket on a friday nite, looking at the baking section, trying to decide on something to bake. I finally settled on bread-making and went ahead to grab 2 can of tuna mayo on the shelves.
Woke up on Sunday morning and the first thing I did was to get the bread dough done. ( I was out shopping on Saturday!) Finally shaped the buns in triangular shape (trying to be different?) and went to get some lunch. By the time I reached home, I realised that the buns had over-proofed! Nothing I can do except to get the buns baked asap.
The buns turned out very soft, airy and yummy. However, I found the tuna filling too wet. I think maybe next time I'll try other kinds of tuna filling... probably one wif only brine, supposedly healthier this way? :P

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Yeah shopping does burn a hole in the pocket but with the wedding and function, it's hard to avoid. I also found over proof bread very soft. :D

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 12:54 AM, September 29, 2008  

  • Wat a fun way to draw ideas looking at the baking section! The soft buns look really good, especially the crust on top!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 AM, September 29, 2008  

  • triangle shpe buns are cute, how did you do it ?

    By Blogger ganache-ganache, at 10:25 PM, October 02, 2008  

  • hi ganache ganache... wad i did was flatten the dough into a disc shape, place the fillings in the middle then then lift up 2 opp sides of the dough and seal them tog... then pick up the remaining side and seal it too. the sealed seams shd look like an inverted "Y". hope you can understand wad i'm trying to say here. :P

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:49 AM, October 06, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home