Steamed banana cuppies
I saw a steamed banana cake recipe at Ching's blog and decided to try since I got some ripe bananas at my moms place. It's a very simple and fast recipe. The steamed cppies can be done in 30mins!
What you need
- 2 mashed bananas
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/8 cup self-raising flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 5/8 cup veg oil
- Start boiling the water in the steamer.
- Sift the self-raising flour and baking soda tog. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas and add in 1 tbsp of milk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Beat eggs with sugar till ribbon stage.
- Stop machine, stir in mashed banana mixture.
- Fold in 1/3 of the sifted flour, followed by 1/2 the oil.
- Fold in another 1/3 of the flour and then remaining 1/2 the oil. End off with the last 1/3 of the flour.
- Scoop batter into liners till 3/4 full. (It actually dun rise much, so next time, I'll probably fill it till full)
- When water is rapidly boiling, place in the filled liners and steam on high for 15mins.
Labels: Steamed cakes