Lazy bread - focaccia
Decided to go easy and peeped into my freezer for any emergency supplies that I could use. Took out the pre-cooked and frozen Hungarian Goulash Soup and then baked focaccia to go with it. My last attempt with focaccia was sometime back, which means it's high-time to make them again!
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup water (add 1 tbsp water if the dough feels dry)
- Olive oil
- More mixed herbs
- Add yeast into the cup of water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with the hook, stir together the flour, salt, sugar and mixed herbs. Mix in the vegetable oil and water (with yeast).
- Using the mixer, let it run till the dough is smooth (about 5mins).
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 230 degrees C. Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. make little indents with your fingertips and drizzle top with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with more mixed herbs and cheese as topping. Leave aside to proof another 10mins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
|The brown bits were cheese. That's what you will get for forgetting abt the bake in the oven and busy FB-ing! LOL|