baking fiends unite!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Another Birthday... another cake....

Today's my mom's b'day. We celebrated as a family for her on Sunday, where we dined out for dinner. But it's her actual Birthday today, so I had to bake her a cake. Her fav is butter cake, so here it is! :P

This is a prune butter cake covered wif choc ganache.. the white bits are not dessicated coconut but shaved white chocolate, as for the choc balls at the edge, they are varlhorna chocolate balls which i love! Tried my best using whatever decorating stuff I had at home to dress up the cake. Hope she'll like it.

This is the cross section of the cake... the texture is fine and the sweetness just rite. Glad mom liked it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • How lovely ! I've not had a chance to bake a cake for my mum's bd in Nov as my trip back to Sin is always in Feb or July during my girls' summer holidays. So I make it a point to bake a cake for her each time I go back......

    By Blogger ganache-ganache, at 9:33 PM, June 29, 2008  

  • Thanks for visiting ganache-ganache... judging from yr nick, you must be a choc-fan! LOL...

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:03 AM, July 01, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home