baking fiends unite!

Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year!

2012, the year of the Dragon... which is a milestone for me, as I've been a mom for a good 12 years!


This year, altho' it seems to me that time is really tight, with Christmas, New Year and Chinese New year back-to-back, I'm glad I still managed to churn out some CNY goodies for the family.


Pineapple tarts and kuih rose are a must for this festival.... And I also made almond & melon seeds crisps to use up the egg whites leftover from the pineapple tarts.


Almond & melon seeds crips

Cornflakes chocolate clusters


Pineapple closed tarts
 Here's wishing everyone a GREAT Dragon year ahead! Gong Hei Fatt Choi!

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • Wow, time flies, your child is already 12! I have been following your blog for years ;) Here's wishing you and your family a happy lunar new year!

    By Blogger Happy Homebaker, at 7:13 PM, January 23, 2012  

  • Gong Xi Fa Cai to you!

    By Blogger tina, at 8:46 PM, January 24, 2012  

  • Gong xi fa cai and xin nian kuai le! It was so great that you still made an effort to make so many CNY cookies for your family. That's love woman. :)

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 1:24 AM, January 25, 2012  

  • Hi HHB, we've been blog-pals for years! how time flies! Happy Dragon Year to you and your family.

    Hi Tina! Gong Hei Fatt Choy!

    Ching, thanks for the kind words. You've churned out alot of goodies too. I admire your patience and energy. Having to bake/cook and manage yr kids at the same time... and blogging abt it too! I'm guilty of neglecting my blog for long periods...

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:19 PM, January 25, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home