This is a recipe that I always go back to. It's truly a good, no-fail recipe from Prima website. But I reduce the amount of sugar. the baked cake is moist and buttery. My adaptations in brackets below...
What you need
- 260g Self-Raising Flour
- 220g Castor Sugar (reduced to 180gm)
- 180g Butter
- 260g Banana (pisang hijau) (I used del monte bananas, make sure they are ripe enough so that it's more fragrant)
- 4 Eggs
- 30ml Milk
- ¾ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Vanilla Essence
- 1 tsp Emulsifier (optional)
What to do
- Cream butter and sugar at medium speed till light and fluffy.
- Add emulsifier and mix well.
- Add eggs a little at a time and mix till batter is smooth and creamy.
- Mash bananas and stir into the milk.
- Fold in the mashed banana mixture and vanilla essence.
- Sift Self-Raising Flour and baking soda together and gently fold in.
- Pour the batter into a greased lined round baking tin (8inch) and bake at 170° for 60-70 mins.