Finally, it smiled!
- 250gm self-raising flour (sifted)
- 140gm brown sugar
- 240gm coconut milk
- Sift self-raising flour with brown sugar into yr mixing bowl.
I was super kaisu, so I actually sifted the mixture twice!
- Turn on mixer and mix the flour and sugar together.
- Add in the coconut milk to the flour. If you see that the batter is too thick, add some more liquid. In my case, I bought a small pack of coconut milk, but it din measure up to 240gm, so I added UHT milk to it, to bring the weight to 240gm. However, I added MORE liquid, in the form of tap water, to the batter along the way, as it look abit too thick. In the end, I achieved a ribbon-stage for the batter.
- Pour batter into cups or liners 90% full. Steam at HIGH fire for at least 10 mins. DO NOT OPEN COVER of steamer in the process. You can check the fa-gaos after 10 mins.
Labels: Steamed cakes