I'm so in love now.....
What you need
- 400gm bread flour
- 100gm plain flour
- 60gm castor sugar
- 1tsp salt
- 20gm milk powder
- 5gm dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 220gm milk (i used low fat)
- 1tsp bread improver (i omitted this 'coz it had been so long since i last baked bread that my bread improver's gone mouldy!!!!)
- 60gm butter (soft, room temp)
- 1/2 cup raisins (plump up in some hot water)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- coarse granulated sugar
- Combine both flours, castor sugar, milk powder, instant yeast, egg, milk and bread improver in a mixing bowl. Use the dough hook of yr mixer to knead the mixture at low speed (speed 1 for KA).
- When the ingredients are just combined, add in the salt and continue to knead for abt 8 mins until a smooth dough is formed.
- Add in butter. Use a medium-low speed (speed 2 for KA) to continue kneading the dough for 10 mins. Increase to a higher speed (speed 3 for KA) for another 10 mins. Dough shd be smooth, elastic and pull away from the sides of the mixing bowl.
- Form dough into a bowl. Grease the mixing bowl with butter and leave the dough to poof for 60mins or until double the size with a clingwrap cover.
- Punch the dough down and divide into 2 portions. Roll out dough into a rectangle and spread the raisins and walnuts on it. Roll up swiss-roll style.
- Do the same for the other portion and place the dough into greased baking tins and again poof for another 30mins.
- After 20mins, preheat yr oven to 220C. When dough is ready for baking, spread some butter on top of dough and sprinkle coarse sugar on it.
- Place baking tins in oven and lower the temp to 200C. Bake for abt 30mins.