baking fiends unite!

Sunday, October 21, 2007

All girlish...


I've not been posting for the past week 'coz my DS is gonna have his year-end exams soon. I know I shdn't be so nervous abt it, afterall he's only in his 1st year in pri school. But sometimes, I just can't help worrying as he doesn't seem to have a sense of urgency or timing. Someone told me that even if he did badly in this exam, it's not gonna have any effect in his life later on as no one looks at the results in P1.... Frankly, it's not his results that worries me, it's his attitude towards learning.

Anyway, after making him go thru' all the practise papers he brought home from school for one whole week, I decided it's enuf. My hands are itching too much! LOL... no... not itching to play mahjong! but to BAKE!

I can't help but pick up a punnet of strawberries that was on sale on friday while grocery-shopping .... yeah, subconsciously, I'm already have in mind to bake something with it. After running thru' my mind what bakes is suitable.... I recalled seeing a butter cake in Ching's blog. It was also strawberry! So, I went to her blog and copied the recipe down.
I used strawberry paste(emulco) instead of essence, which explained the slight pinkish colour and I think the strawberries had been chopped too finely, which after baking, it seemed to have "disappeared". I somehow always associate strawberries with being girlish... furthermore, the cake is PINK! This recipe is definitely a keeper! The cake is moist and soft. The texture is very very fine and the crust is really thin! (in fact, i think this is the 1st time i achieved such a thin crust for butter cake!). I absolutely love this cake.... yummy! Thanks Ching for sharing this lovely recipe.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • This looks good! I've been looking around for a good strawberry cake recipe, and I think I might just try this out. Thanks for sharing! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:23 PM, October 21, 2007  

  • Yay...you made this! It's really yummy right, I had to stop myself from eating too much because it's so moist and soft. Evy absolutely adores this cake. Glad you tried it!

    BTW, you just got tagged!

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 3:56 AM, October 22, 2007  

  • Hi Ida, I share the exact senitments, I could copy word for word your entire first para just to describe how I feel during this exam period ;) It's the learning attitude that we need to instill in them. I can't wait for this weekend to arrive :D

    By Blogger Happy Homebaker, at 7:23 AM, October 22, 2007  

  • Hi ovenhaven, pls do try this recipe. it's really good. and we have to thank Ching for this!;)

    Ching... Yes! it's so good that the cake is gone in 1 day! and i can't help wolfing down a few slices (this is an understatement! LOL)

    Happy homemaker... lucky you to have the exams over by this week. for my DS, his exams will only end on the 2nd nov! argh... 2 more weeks to go!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 8:55 AM, October 22, 2007  

  • heheheh I just drop by after little corner of mine tagged you. It is nice strawberry cake, looks great and very inviting. Do drop by to our blog, we are from KL.

    By Blogger Big Boys Oven, at 9:06 AM, October 22, 2007  

  • wow i feel like trying this recipe.
    it looks too good to resist :D

    By Blogger sweet-tooth, at 8:21 PM, October 23, 2007  

  • hi big boys oven, i've been to yr blog... great job!

    sweet tooth, do try this recipe. it's yummy.

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 8:35 AM, October 24, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home