Cheese Bran Muffins
- 1 cup natural bran
- 1 1/2 cup sour milk / buttermilk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup grated old cheddar
- Soak bran in sour milk/buttermilk.
- Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg.
- Stir together dray ingredients and add to creamed mixture althernately with the soaked bran, starting and ending with flour mixture.
- Stir in cheese.
- Fill muffin liners and bake at 180C for 20-30mins.