baking fiends unite!

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Bread and more bread!

I try to make it a habit to bake bread every weekends nowadays, so that we can have bread as b'fast during the weekdays, since we're always in a rush in the morning to get to work/school.
These breads are simple sweet buns with fillings. I cubed some luncheon meat with mushroom, cheese sausage, carrot and corn and then added some condensed cambell soup into it and did a quick stirfry. Sprinkled some white pepper and also a dash of wine into the mixture and let it cool down before wrapping into the buns. This filling is a combo of the stuff my kiddos love, so i figured they shd love eating this too! LOL There was leftover filling after I've wrapped 13 buns, so I did up another round of dough! crazy decision as I was so afraid for my mixer, having to do all the kneading, that the motor may overheat. Thank goodness the mixer survived and I'm rewarded with another beautiful dough!
This time, I rolled up some ham and cheese as filling and also used some of the lotus paste leftover from the mooncake making. :P it sure sounds like i'm trying to clear my fridge of all kinds of leftovers! The ham and cheese buns looked really messy after baked. the cheese was all over the place but it tasted so good

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • looks delicious!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:50 PM, October 20, 2008  

  • how do u keep them in the fridge for weekdays? Will they stay soft?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:04 PM, October 21, 2008  

  • hi Anonymous,

    If i am hardworking, i'll seal them in individual plastic bags. If not, in airtight containers. Leaving it outside at room temp, it can keep up to 3 days and yes, it still stays soft. But usually, I'll place them in the freezer after 2 days outside. When I wan to eat them, I'll either thaw it by leaving it on the counter or I'll steam them. HTHs.

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 8:26 AM, October 22, 2008  

  • look soft and moist! I love bun and now you make me wanna to make some sweet bun !lol!I think now is the right reason for me to bake...to warm up the house!

    By Blogger Beachlover, at 11:55 AM, October 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home