Honey Lemon Chiffon Cake
What you need
- 3 nos.Egg Yolk
- 50gm Honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Water
- 45gm Corn Oil
- 85gm Cake Flour
- 4 nos. Egg White
- Pinch of Salt
- 50gm Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Cream of tartar or 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix egg yolks, honey, lemon zest, lemon juice, water and corn oil tog. Sift in the cake flour. Mix till combined.
- Whip the egg whites with either cream of tartar or lemon juice, and sugar till wet stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites into the yolk mixture to lighten it.
- Fold in remaining egg whites and pour batter into the chiffon tin.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 mins at 180C. Timing depends on oven.