Green Tea with Azuki Beans Chiffon Cake (cooked dough method)
The cake turned out denser and not as fluffy. After adding the flour, the batter turned very dry, kinda like the orange chiffon attempt I tried before. But did it turn out better than the orange chiffon. Not as good as the pandan one, but still soft and nice. Maybe more liquid is needed for Green Tea... will try this again when I have the time. :) Here's the recipe for anyone who wants to give it a go.
What you need
- 5 nos. Egg Yolk
- 110gm milk
- 50gm corn oil
- 90gm Cake flour
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp green tea powder
- 100gm cooked azuki beans
- 5 nos. Egg white
- 80gm Castor Sugar
- Preheat oven at 170 deg C
- Cook milk and oil together till you see some bubbles at the side of the pot, while is warmed add in sifted flour and green tea powder and mix well using a whisk.
- Whisk in egg yolks one by one and set aside.
- Whisk egg whites till foamy and add in sugar whisk till stiff.
- Add in 1/3 meringue into the cooked dough and fold well.
- Pour this mixture back to the balance meringue and fold well until well-combined.
- Fold in the azuki beans.
- Pour into a 20cm chiffon mould, bake at 150 deg C bake for 40 mins.
- Invert the cake to cool, unmould when completely cooled.