baking fiends unite!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Finally, it smiled!


My last attempt on making fa-gaos wasn't successful... tho' taste-wise it was good... soft and fluffy. But seeing so many other forumers friends managed to make theirs so beautifully, I decided I must give it a try again.

This time round, I decided to use the mixer to ensure that the ingredients are evenly distributed and well combined.
Here's the recipe that I used... tho' I still added abit more liquid than specified here 'coz the batter looked abit too thick when mixing and I'm sorry that I din make any measurements but added some tap water to it to "diluted" the batter abit more.

What you need
  • 250gm self-raising flour (sifted)
  • 140gm brown sugar
  • 240gm coconut milk
What to do
  • Sift self-raising flour with brown sugar into yr mixing bowl.
    I was super kaisu, so I actually sifted the mixture twice!
  • Turn on mixer and mix the flour and sugar together.
  • Add in the coconut milk to the flour. If you see that the batter is too thick, add some more liquid. In my case, I bought a small pack of coconut milk, but it din measure up to 240gm, so I added UHT milk to it, to bring the weight to 240gm. However, I added MORE liquid, in the form of tap water, to the batter along the way, as it look abit too thick. In the end, I achieved a ribbon-stage for the batter.
  • Pour batter into cups or liners 90% full. Steam at HIGH fire for at least 10 mins. DO NOT OPEN COVER of steamer in the process. You can check the fa-gaos after 10 mins.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home