baking fiends unite!

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Cheese Bran Muffins


Many a times I buy things on impulse. Just recently, I bought a pack of cheddar cheese without planning what to do with it. All I remembered was seeing some recipes using cheddar cheese and that alone made me grab that pack of cheese!

Seeing the cheese sitting in the fridge and worrying that it'll turn mouldy soon, I decided to look up a muffin recipe for it. And I found a recipe which I thought will be good.

Here's the recipe for anyone who'll like to try.

What you need
  • 1 cup natural bran
  • 1 1/2 cup sour milk / buttermilk
  • 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cup plain flour
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup grated old cheddar
What to do
  • Soak bran in sour milk/buttermilk.
  • Cream butter and sugar together. Beat in egg.
  • Stir together dray ingredients and add to creamed mixture althernately with the soaked bran, starting and ending with flour mixture.
  • Stir in cheese.
  • Fill muffin liners and bake at 180C for 20-30mins.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home