Chocolate Chocolate Chips Muffins
Nope, this is not a typo.... it's chocolate muffins with chocolate chips! And to up the yummy factor, i also added in blackcurrants and walnuts. The resulting muffins are very nice and moist, it taste abit like brownies! This recipe yields 12 muffins.
Here's the recipe:
What you need
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (those with sweet-tooth may want to add more)
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 100gm butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried black currants (or raisins, add some hot water to the dried raisins to "plump" it)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and baking soda together. Mix in brown sugar.
- Beat egg and vanilla essence together. Add in the melted butter, yogurt and milk and mix till well incorporated.
- Add chopped walnuts, black currants (drain away the water) and chocolate chips into the flour mixture to coat them. Mix them well.
- Finally, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Fold in till just combined.
- Scoop batter into lined muffin trays.
- Bake at 180C for 20mins.