Orange Sugee Cake
Recipe shared by Happy Flour, thanks fellow blogger!
What you need
- 110g butter
- 35g caster sugar
- 1/4tsp salt
- 3nos. egg yolk
- 1/2tsp vanilla paste
- 1/8tsp almond essence(optional)
- 50g cake flour
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1/8tsp baking soda
- 60g semolina flour
- 15g ground almond
- 15g diced almond
- 2tbsp milk
- 2nos, egg white
- 40g caster sugar
- adequate almond flakes
What to do
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, salt and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Slowly beat in egg yolk, vanilla essence and almond essence until well combined.
- Fold in flour, semolina, baking osda and baking powder, and milk till combined.
- Cover and set aside to rest for 30mins.
- Preheat oven to 175C.
- Use a cake mixer, whisk egg whites till frothy.
- Gradually add in the sugar and whisk till stiff peaks.
- Fold in 1/4 of the meringue into butter mixture until combined.
- Then fold in the rest of the meringue in 2 portions until well combined.
- Pour batter into a greased oval pan.
- Scatter almond flakes on the surface.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35mins.
- Remove cake from tin and cool on a wire rack.