baking fiends unite!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello Kitty Fondant Cake

yups.. the time of the yr when I have to crack my brains for ideas of cake for my little gal. She turns 7 and it's a wonder how fast time passes by!This year, I decided to do a Hello Kitty cake. Initially I had wanted to do up a castle cake! But after thinking thru' I guess I'm being over ambitious if I really try that. Maybe next year. :P So I "downsize" my dreams of a castle cake to a Hello Kitty (HK) cake. I was also toying with the idea of making it 2 tiers, as in having a square lower tier and the HK on top. However, I finally decided on a small HK as I think it should be sufficient. So again, it got "downsized". LOLz....
Special thanks to Elyn for lending me the HK mold. It is a very deep silicon mold and Elyn had warned me that it'll take slightly longer for the cake to bake, and well, it did take 10mins more than stipulated.

The cake is a walnut butter cake, done using a separated eggs method. Hopefully I can get an innard shot tmr when the cake is being cut!

For now, enjoy the pics and it's bedtime for me!

Labels:

16 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home