Earl grey cheesecake
What you need (for a 9-in cake)
For the base:
- 120gm crushed oreo cookies
- 55gm soft butter
- 500gm cream cheese
- 30gm icing sugar
- 12gm earl grey tea leaves
- 150gm water
- 50gm butter
- 1 no. egg yolk
- 2 nos. whole egg
- 3 nos. egg white (ard 120gm
- 80gm sugar
- Simmer tea leaves in water for 3 mins. Use 80gm.
- Grease mold, lay baking paper at base & wrap base wif alu foil.
- Add in butter to crushed oreo cookies. Using a spoon, press and smooth the cookies onto the base of mold.
- Melt cream cheese using brain marie and make sure there are no lumps.
- Mix in icing sugar.
- Beat cream cheese using the mixer, till fluffy. Add in soft butter.
- Add in egg yolk and whole eggs and beat till combined.
Add in earl grey tea and some tea leaves (optional)
- Place mixture over brain marie but do not on the fire.
Whip egg white till frothy and add in sugar till wet stiff peak.
- Lighten cream cheese mix with a little of egg white. Fold in remaining egg white into mixture.
- Place mold in water bath, bake at 180C till it turns golden on surface, lower temp to 150C till baked, ard 65-75mins.