baking fiends unite!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Chocolate Bottom Banana Cake


All along, I've not been adventurous when it comes to using bananas in bakes. It's always the same ole banana cake recipe that I use over and over again. So when I saw this recipe, I thought to myself.... time for a change! Furthermore, this seems to be a somewhat healthier version, as it uses less eggs (only 1!) and less butter.

But it seems like after listening to feedback from my tasters, the good ole version of the banana cake wins hands down. Actually I also prefer my version. But this is a good try nonetheless.


What you need
  • 113g butter (softened)
  • 200g sugar 
  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 3 medium bananas (mashed) 
  • 212g plain flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 14g cocoa powder 
  • depends-on-how-crazy-u-are-abt-chocolate-gm of chocolate chips

What to do

  • Preheat oven to 180 ºC and prepare a 8” Square pan, lined at the base only.
  • Cream butter, salt and sugar till light and fluffy. 
  • Drizzle in the egg, vanilla and mashed bananas, beating thoroughly.
  • Sieve in the flour, baking soda and baking powder to the creamed mixture and mix it well.
  • Divide the batter into half. Add the cocoa powder to one portion of the batter. Spread that portion in the bottom the baking tin. 
  • Spread the remaining plain batter on top the cocoa batter, and sprinkle top with chocolate chips.
  • Bake for about 40 minutes till done. 




Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home