baking fiends unite!

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Hello Kitty Fondant Cake

yups.. the time of the yr when I have to crack my brains for ideas of cake for my little gal. She turns 7 and it's a wonder how fast time passes by!This year, I decided to do a Hello Kitty cake. Initially I had wanted to do up a castle cake! But after thinking thru' I guess I'm being over ambitious if I really try that. Maybe next year. :P So I "downsize" my dreams of a castle cake to a Hello Kitty (HK) cake. I was also toying with the idea of making it 2 tiers, as in having a square lower tier and the HK on top. However, I finally decided on a small HK as I think it should be sufficient. So again, it got "downsized". LOLz....
Special thanks to Elyn for lending me the HK mold. It is a very deep silicon mold and Elyn had warned me that it'll take slightly longer for the cake to bake, and well, it did take 10mins more than stipulated.

The cake is a walnut butter cake, done using a separated eggs method. Hopefully I can get an innard shot tmr when the cake is being cut!

For now, enjoy the pics and it's bedtime for me!

Labels:

16 Comments:

  • What a beautiful cake! Cherilynn is one lucky birthday girl. Can't wait to see the inside layer. The flavor of the cake sounds so delicious!

    By Blogger Elyse, at 11:09 PM, March 21, 2009  

  • So pretty and cute! I also want ONE! Please say Happy Birthday to Cherilynn for me!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:11 PM, March 21, 2009  

  • Happy Birthday to your girl! What a pretty cake you have made for her!

    By Blogger Happy Homebaker, at 8:46 AM, March 22, 2009  

  • The cake looks pretty and cute! Even Evy said so. :)

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 11:43 AM, March 22, 2009  

  • pretty! i'm sure your girl would love it!

    By Blogger youfei, at 5:09 PM, March 22, 2009  

  • Hi Ida,

    I forgot to ask you in the previous comment, may I ask where did you get those alphabet cutters?

    They look like the perfect size I'm looking for! =p

    By Blogger youfei, at 5:16 PM, March 22, 2009  

  • Thanks ladies.

    It's just a simple walnut butter cake without layer. This mommy is too lazy!!! LOLz.

    Youfei, this is a very common alphabet cutter. If I dun recall wrongly, I got it from Phoon Huat. I recall seeing it in FairPrice too. :)

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 5:29 PM, March 22, 2009  

  • Can't wait to see the insdies of the cake and i'm sure it'd taste great cos it was made with mummy's love =p

    Thanks for the info!

    By Blogger youfei, at 1:23 PM, March 23, 2009  

  • Downsized but beautiful nonetheless. I'm sure Cherilynn loves it to bits (crumbs)! :D

    By Blogger Rei, at 2:46 PM, March 24, 2009  

  • That is such a cute cake, your daughter is so lucky. Can't wait to learn about fondant soon.

    By Blogger Mermaid Sews, at 3:35 AM, March 29, 2009  

  • what a beautiful Birthday HK cake you make!!

    By Blogger My Asian Kitchen, at 11:48 AM, March 30, 2009  

  • Hi ida, Very lovely cake!Your daughter must be so happy to receive this pretty cake.
    Can I just check with you how you got the perfect shape of the kitty head? Did you bake with a round shape pan?
    Tks for sharing your photos.

    Carlissa

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:42 PM, May 09, 2010  

  • Hi Carlissa,

    I used a hello kitty silicone cake mold to bake the cake in. :)

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 9:25 AM, May 10, 2010  

  • What a beautifull cake!!

    By Anonymous Sophie, at 6:19 AM, January 27, 2011  

  • wow. this really blew my mind when i saw it. my little girl is turning 2 & loves hello kitty, so i was looking for cake for her. i googled it & almost died when i saw this. ironically, her name is cherilynn too! spelled the same way & everything. crazy. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:48 AM, September 08, 2012  

  • My little girl is turning 2 in October & she loves Hello Kitty, so I googled for some cake ideas. Ironically I came across your cake. My little girl's name is Cherilynn also. We spell it the same way & everything. Just thought it was interesting. :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:51 AM, September 08, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home