baking fiends unite!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Chiffon ..... again

Well, like Elyn said, since the heart-shaped chiffon mold is so expensive, we have to justify the buy by baking more chiffon cake!

So here's another chiffon cake by me. :P

This time, I wanted something really plain and simple. Looked through Kelvin Chai's Chiffon Cake is Done and settled on one of the recipes. But I wanted to have a tinge of strawberry taste to it, besides the vanilla flavour, so I took out 1/3 of the batter and added strawberry paste to it.

The final cake was really so soft and light! Mom even commented that it's like eating cotton wool. LOLz....
I love the soft colours and the pretty swirls.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • I also just bake chiffon cake!! next time I'm goin g to use your idea :swirl color!! look great!! wish i can buy heart tube pan here..

    By Blogger Beachlover's Kitchen, at 1:14 PM, May 19, 2009  

  • Your chiffon, as usual, is just gorgeous. The swirled color is so beautiful, and I'm sure its beauty is only rivaled by its fabulous taste.

    By Blogger Elyse, at 1:19 PM, May 19, 2009  

  • I love the color too, very sweet looking! So soft and light too, now you made me crave for some chiffon cake.

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 2:06 PM, May 19, 2009  

  • BeachLover, I'm sure you'll find a way to lay yr hands on the heart-shaped mold.

    Elyse, the strawberry taste is really very subtle. It'd basically vanilla... something really simple and light.

    Ching, u're also a master of chiffon cakes, u know how ez it is to whip one up... so give in to yr cravings!

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 3:37 PM, May 19, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home