baking fiends unite!

Sunday, April 05, 2009

Triple Almond Tart

Looking back at my posts, I realised that it's been a while since I last baked a pie.
When I saw this pie at HBB's, I can't help but wonder if I should attempt it anytime soon. Not because it's difficult but just 'coz I'm lazy and my to-do list kept getting longer and longer. However, while thinking of what I should bake this weekends, I decided I should bake a pie. Looked into my pile of recipes and there it is, waving at me. LOLz.

I followed the recipe to the dot, but only to realise that I had to prepare 1.5 times the recipe 'coz my pie mold is bigger than 18cm. (when I finished making the pie dough and rolled it out to fit the mold, it was not enough to cover). I had never bothered to measure my pie mold. So I did up additional 1/2 of the crust recipe and thankfully it was just nice. Did the same for the fillings of the pie.

The time taken to finish baking the pie was longer than I expected. There was chilling of the dough before laying it on the mold, in case it was too soft to handle (which I skipped) and also chilling the pie dough after it was molded (that's another 20 mins) and I had to wait for the crust to cool down before filling it up and baking it, which was easily another 30-45mins of waiting time.

However, I was rewarded with a very handsome pie! The baked pie looked so gorgeous!

Hmm... while this pie is really great-tasting, I'll probably will attempt it again when I've lotsa time on my hands.

Labels:

6 Comments:

  • What a gorgeous looking pie. I think I might need to make a pie now, too! Great pictures!

    By Blogger Elyse, at 11:07 AM, April 06, 2009  

  • The pie look lovely, it encourage me to give it a try too! Almond is my favourite!

    By Anonymous Elyn, at 11:10 AM, April 06, 2009  

  • Thanks Elyse!

    Elyn, go make one now! This pie is definately for an almond fan.

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 12:23 PM, April 06, 2009  

  • That's just lovely! I'd like to think how the perfume filled your kitchen during baking. By any chance the pie taste like those at Delifrance?

    By Blogger Rei, at 5:18 PM, April 06, 2009  

  • Hi Rei,

    I've not tried delifrance's almond tarts (come to think of it, it's been years since i last stepped into delifrance!), but since this tart has almonds in the crust, filling and topping... nothing can beat this. LOL

    By Blogger Baking Fiend, at 8:55 AM, April 07, 2009  

  • We are happy to listen the story of food, this site bite of the best is very helpful for us. we can easily find the recipe of food and its help us to make delicious food at home, its save our money also, thanks by Almonard Fans Dealer

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:52 AM, October 11, 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home