baking fiends unite!

Monday, November 17, 2008

Pandan Eggwhite cuppies

I have a big tub of eggwhites sitting in fridge and I just had to find something to do with it. I can use it as face masks but I still don't think I'll need that much eggwhites!

Did some blog-hopping and searching and came upon Lucy's cheese egg white cuppies. Great! I have everything on hand except for the cheese. So I modified it to become pandan flavoured instead. The cupcakes sank a fair bit when cooled. Could be the uneven oven temp... but overall it's soft and fluffy. the kids loved it! Made exactly 11pcs.

Here goes....

What you need
  • 25gm milk
  • 75gm coconut milk
  • 1/2 tsp pandan paste
  • 200 gm egg white
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 75 gm sugar
  • 80 gm cake flour
  • 20 gm cornflour
  • 30 gm corn oil
  • Handful of choc chips
What to do
  • Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
  • Sift cake and corn flour tog. Set aside
  • Mix the coconut milk, milk, pandan paste and oil together.
  • Whisk egg white, salt and cream of tartar till fluffy and pour in sugar gradually. Continue to whisk till stiff peak.
    Fold in coconut milk mixture and flour using a spatula.
  • Spoon into muffin cups. Sprinkle choc chips on top.
  • Bake at 180C for about 25 mins.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home