baking fiends unite!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Buttermilk cake

Seeing a carton of opened buttermilk in my fridge, I thot I better make use of it before it expires. Buttermilk is not a common ingredient for baking/cooking in sg and therefore, it's not something I'll usually add to my grocery list 'coz of the price of it.

Anyway, I set my mind on this recipe and know for sure it'll turn out good... seems to me that anything with buttermilk is moist and delicious! LOLz.

I reduced the amount of sugar in the recipe to 180gm. For the rest of the recipe, I followed to the dot. My cake did not turn out as high as Lucy's but the recipe's sure a keeper!

Bought templates in a recent spree and wanted to try it out for the fun of it (if not, what's the point of buying it???). First, I dusted some snow powder on generously, covering the entire top of the cake.Then, I placed the template on and dusted cocoa powder on.Tada! The completed and dressed cake.

Now, who wants a slice?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • Me! me! *raising hand* Love the template, transform a plain looking cake to a well dressed cake ya. Hmmm...maybe I should invest in one too. :P

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 1:47 AM, March 31, 2009  

  • Wow, this buttermilk cake looks moist and fabulous. So glad you found such a yummy recipe in which to use your buttermilk. I actually have some sitting in my fridge right now; I may need to make this cake!

    By Blogger Elyse, at 3:31 PM, March 31, 2009  

  • Hello,


    We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM!!! YUM!!!.
    We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

    We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
    enjoy your recipes.

    Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
    and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

    To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

    Best regards,

    Vincent
    petitchef.com

    By Anonymous vincent, at 12:29 AM, April 02, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home