baking fiends unite!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Buttermilk cake

Seeing a carton of opened buttermilk in my fridge, I thot I better make use of it before it expires. Buttermilk is not a common ingredient for baking/cooking in sg and therefore, it's not something I'll usually add to my grocery list 'coz of the price of it.

Anyway, I set my mind on this recipe and know for sure it'll turn out good... seems to me that anything with buttermilk is moist and delicious! LOLz.

I reduced the amount of sugar in the recipe to 180gm. For the rest of the recipe, I followed to the dot. My cake did not turn out as high as Lucy's but the recipe's sure a keeper!

Bought templates in a recent spree and wanted to try it out for the fun of it (if not, what's the point of buying it???). First, I dusted some snow powder on generously, covering the entire top of the cake.Then, I placed the template on and dusted cocoa powder on.Tada! The completed and dressed cake.

Now, who wants a slice?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Me! me! *raising hand* Love the template, transform a plain looking cake to a well dressed cake ya. Hmmm...maybe I should invest in one too. :P

    By Blogger Little Corner of Mine, at 1:47 AM, March 31, 2009  

  • Wow, this buttermilk cake looks moist and fabulous. So glad you found such a yummy recipe in which to use your buttermilk. I actually have some sitting in my fridge right now; I may need to make this cake!

    By Blogger Elyse, at 3:31 PM, March 31, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home